Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Computers, gadgets, and science, oh my!

TOPIC: What Programs do you use to Record?

What Programs do you use to Record? 2 years 2 months ago #4928

• ItzKrispy
  • Junior Player
I personally use OBS or QuickTime but i've tried to use the source recording {~record} it works just really slow. Anyway any other programs that are good?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What Programs do you use to Record? 2 years 2 months ago #4929

• Link
  • Administrator
  • E-Thug For Life
Not really man... i miss the COD4 ingame recording... that was insane

What Programs do you use to Record? 2 years 2 months ago #4931

• Midnight
  • Fresh Player
For me OBS is the best.

What Programs do you use to Record? 2 years 2 months ago #4939

I record with Shadowplay @ 50Mbps 1080p60 . I stream with OBS @ 720p60 using nvenc (the nVidia hardware encoder). You can have both Shadowplay and OBS using the hardware encoder at the same time so you have 0 performance hit doing either.

What Programs do you use to Record? 2 years 2 months ago #4943

• zabka
  • Fresh Player
preventDefault wrote:
I record with Shadowplay @ 50Mbps 1080p60 . I stream with OBS @ 720p60 using nvenc (the nVidia hardware encoder). You can have both Shadowplay and OBS using the hardware encoder at the same time so you have 0 performance hit doing either.

Good to know ! Thanks

What Programs do you use to Record? 2 years 2 months ago #4947

People say that the quality is worse with the nvenc encoder and say to use the CPU x264 one instead, but I figure if you're uploading to YouTube anyway, and they're going to use lossy compression on your uploaded video... I don't think the performance hit is worth some extra quality that your viewers are probably never going to even see. I think the nvenc quality certainly is good enough.

AMD cards also have a hardware encoder that I *think* OBS might be able to use, but I have no idea about that.

The next option is to use the hardware encoder present on some Intel CPU's called QuickSync, but that requires enabling integrated graphics in your BIOS and fooling windows into thinking you have two monitors plugged in or something. There's guides out there on getting this to work but I found it easier just to set OBS to use nvenc on my end.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by preventDefault.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds